Friday, April 5, 2013

Not just a jewelry box....

One Sunday afternoon I decided to visit one of my favorite thrift stores. Nothing too interesting for me to buy.... the overhead announces "10 minutes till closing, please bring your items to the register" blah blah blah I decided to head out empty handed until......... I see this pretty white jewelry box that looks like it was a wedding party favor or something like that. 
I get home and decided to take apart the old dusty little white flower arrangement on the inside of the box to take a better look at my new finding. I was about to trash the little flower arrangement until i notice the small tag that reads: "Nozze" and in the inside "Andrea and Roberta Pulvirenti, SPOSI, Malta 14-2-1984". I realized that this jewelry box came all the way from Malta, Europe and somehow 29 years later ended up in a small shelve unnoticed by many shoppers.

By the looks of the design it looks like it was hand painted and decorated with small little gems, you can see the signature on the bottom right corner. The painting on it is just so pretty but hard to appreciate in the picture.

I was thinking that it would be awesome to find the couple and show them that this little treasure had made it through out the years and someone took the time to appreciate the value and history behind this find.

I wonder who this couple is and if they would like to have it back........ hummmmmmm





No comments:

Post a Comment